st: ivreg question

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: ivreg question
Date   Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:26:32 +0100

The posting below is forwarded on before of Naisargik Lenka.

I have a small doubt regarding ivreg.

I have two equation model which I want to estimate using ivreg.

Equation1: insider ownership=f(market value of equity, corporate
value, other control exogenous vars)
Equation2: corporate value=g(insider ownership, other control
exogenous vars)

Assuming non-linear ownership effects, I want to make spline of
insider ownership say ins1,ins2,ins3 and I want to use these three in

What should I do?

Should I first estimate insider ownership using all exogenous and
instrumental variables and then make spline and use these in the
second stage where I modeled corporate value=f(ins1,ins2,ins3)

Should I estimate all ins1,ins2,ins3 separately using exogenous and
instrumental variable and then use these in my second stage of
estimation of corporate value.

Please help me.