st: Fwd: xtreg

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Fwd: xtreg
Date   Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:25:32 -0400

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kit Baum <>
Date: September 15, 2005 10:01:39 AM EDT
Subject: xtreg

Catia said

I use the command xtreg but I have a problem when I
use the comand by country: xtreg,,,,,
make an error: insufficient observation, but if do the
sum of my var. I have observation.
Can help me please.

If your data have i = country and t = time, it makes no sense to apply an 'xt' command by country, since that specifies a single time series. Only if you have a more complex data structure--e.g. firms within countries, with i = firm --- would this make sense.

What is your tsset? If it is tsset country year, e.g., you cannot compute xtreg for each i.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics