st: How is IRR in -nbreg- calculated?

From   "Ineta Sokolowski" <INETA.S@ALM.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   st: How is IRR in -nbreg- calculated?
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:39:01 +0200

I tried to find, how is the IRR in -nbreg- estimated. I know, that all - OR in -logistic-, RRR in -mlogit- and IRR in -poisson- and -nbreg- are just univariate transformations of the estimated Betas for the respective commands. Then the question probably should be: how the Betas are estimated in  -logistic-, -mlogit- and -nbreg-?
Can I be sure, that IRR from -nbreg- is realy incidence-rate ratio (in epidemiological sence) and not the odds ratio?
Thanks in advance!
Ineta Sokolowski
The Research Unit for General Practice
University of Aarhus