st: setting memory on network stata on Windows XP

From   "Ma, Ada" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: setting memory on network stata on Windows XP
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:24:16 +0100

Hi Statalist,

I know this is a v often asked question but I have looked around a bit and
already installed the patch (Microsoft hotfix 8944472), I wonder if there
are other things I can do.

I'm on a Windows XP with 3GB of memory using STATA 9, calling up the STATA
program from a network drive.  Before I install the patch I could only
increase my memory up to 800m, after I have installed the patch I can
increase to 1400m but still fall v far short from the 3GB that's on my
computer.  I have tried the fix that should only apply to users of
Windows95/98/NT and alter the system.ini file and still it wouldn't allow me
to set mem more than 1400m.  Any thoughts?

All comments welcome.  Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Ada

*****
Research Fellow