st: Incorrect location of X axis exporting graph in emf

From   "Laplante, Benoît" <Benoit_Laplante@UCS.INRS.Ca>
To   "Statalist" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Incorrect location of X axis exporting graph in emf
Date   Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:45:42 -0400

Hi,

When I export a graph in emf format, the X axis, which is correctly located in the graph window, is displaced to the left of the figure, so I get a portion of the axis outside the figure and a portion of the figure without any line for the X axis.

I had this problem with my old computer and Stata 8 and 8.2. I still have it with a new computer and Stata 9.

I am generating such graphics using pretty basic commands and export the graphs using the -graph export- command. The location problem seems to be emf specific: for instance, everything is fine using the same commands but replacing the "emf" extension by "png". Of course, using png, I get a non vectorial figure and this is a problem by itself.

Does someone know where this problem comes from?

Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Benoît Laplante, professeur
Université du Québec
Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique
Urbanisation, Culture et Société
http://www.inrs-ucs.uquebec.ca/default.asp?p=lapl