st: RE: RE: ask help for swilk

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: ask help for swilk
Date   Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:02:37 +0100

These tests are in any case not always very
informative and may constitute at best an
ornamental oddity in a cul de sac, or something
required ritually by advisors or reviewers.

There are at least two alternatives:

1. Pretend that your data are survival times
and fire up -streg- to fit a three-parameter lognormal.

2. Take logs and fire up -qnorm-. This is not
quite the same but it is often helpful.

Salas, Jesus M.
> I believe it is fail to reject because the z statistic is not
> significant at any level...

Jiehua CHEN