st: grc1leg and ring(0)

From   "Aleksander Rutkowski" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: grc1leg and ring(0)
Date   Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:23:10 +0200

Dear Statalist Subscribers,

I have a problem using the downloadable command -grc1leg- (graph combine
with 1 legend) in Stata 8.2. It seems that the option ring(0) is not
working. I have 3 graphs (gr1, gr2, and gr3) which I want to combine in
3 quarters of the combined graph. In the 4th quarter (south-east), I
would like to put the legend. I type:

   grc1leg gr1 gr2 gr3 , position(4) ring(0)

and I get the same output as if I typed:

   grc1leg gr1 gr2 gr3 , position(4)

The legend appears on the margin i.e. beyond the plot area (instead of
within the plot area) and the width of the graphs is squeezed which
makes my x-axis labels unreadable. The 4th quarter is empty and the
combined graph is ugly and unpublishable.

Does anybody know the solution of the problem?

Sincerely,

Aleksander Rutkowski