Re: st: bstrap

From   "Jamie Griffin" <Jamie.Griffin@lshtm.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: bstrap
Date   Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:12:53 +0100

Since bootstrapping works by selecting random samples of the dataset the results will be different each time. But  if you have enough bootstrap replications, then the results shouldn't differ much. To get exactly the same results, you should set the seed for the random number generator to the same positive integer each time:

set seed 27
bootstrap ...

_bootstrap_ is the more up-to-date name than _bstrap_  for the command.

Jamie Griffin.

>>> mchavez@evalalianza.org.mx 09/01/05 4:49 pm >>>
I'm using bstrap to estiamte the bias of ATT using psmatch and I getting
differente results each time I run it. Why is this? Is this normal? is any
way to replicate the results?

Thanks

Manuel G. Chávez Angeles
FAO