Re : st: Multinomial logits with proportions for dependentvariables

From   Naji <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re : st: Multinomial logits with proportions for dependentvariables
Date   Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:12:54 +0200

Hi,

It's better to ask respondent to distribute a fixed number purchases over
the J option. The fixed number can be the same for each respondent or the
number of purchases he makes in some period.

Just transform
Probability of buying a product
Into
Number of product purchases given overall purchases in the product category

I.e. .1 .5 .4 (for A, B & X) into (1,A 5,B 4,X given 10 purchases)
Once you fix respondent overall purchases (here 10), it's easy to get back
to MNL models. Keep in mind than your results depend on the choice of the
overall purchases number

Best regards
Naji

Le 31/08/05 6:57, ��Clive Nicholas�� <[email protected]> a
�crit�: