RE: st: RE: Problems with Stata 9?

From   "David E Moore" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Problems with Stata 9?
Date   Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:53:39 -0700

I also do not know why Joe wants to collect this information, but I'll add that he's currently the Software Reviews Editor for The American Statistician, a great journal put out by the American Statistical Association.

Regardless of one's perceptions of security in the Internet Age, then, I believe Joe has the credentials to use the information in a responsible and professional manner.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:31 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: RE: Problems with Stata 9?

First off, it seems likely that many people,
particularly those relatively new to Stata, or
those who don't study the Stata literature in detail,
are not aware who Joe Hilbe is. Joe was the first
editor of the Stata Technical Bulletin and directly
or indirectly contributed several key things
to Stata, especially in the first decade or
so. So: he's no ordinary Joe, and has been
a distinguished member of the Stata community
since the beginning, as his piece in SJ 5(1)
attests.