st: RE: transforming predictions from loglinear models

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: transforming predictions from loglinear models
Date   Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:14:58 +0100

An excellent solution to this has been
available for 33 years, namely generalised
linear models with log link. So, switch to -glm-.

glm y ln_x1 ln_x2, link(log)

That way, you can also think about other error
families that might be better for your problem.

Alternatively, Duan's technique of smearing
often works well. Rich Goldstein published
a program some while back, and I have
a more modern variant somewhere.

W. Manning, who I think is a Stata user but
possibly not a member of Statalist, has
published lots in this territory, especially
I think in (health) economics.