RE: st: xtabond has changed in stata9 and I can't explain why

To   Stata _ <>
Subject   RE: st: xtabond has changed in stata9 and I can't explain why
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:22:32 -0400

Nick and David: Ok, I did -update all- on my stata8. Now I get the same
results in both versions stata 8 and stata9, showing that my xtabond
has been updated in Stata8 (Nick, yes I understand your point that the
update was made by Stata to version 8). What ultimately answered my
question was the information under "xtabond" when I did -help whatsnew-
after my updating. This info explains the errors that existed in the
nonupdated xtabond version.
Thanks all,

You've missed David's point.

To see the latest -xtabond-, you just need to
-update- your Stata 8. Stata 9 added masses
of things, but nothing to -xtabond-.

> David,
> thanks for your response. Is there a way that I can see what
> updates to
> xtabond have been made to xtabond from stata8 to stata9? This
> will help
> me understand what xtabond is doing differently compared to
> before, and
> hence what I should do differently in my analysis if I use
> the updated version of stata8, or if I use stata9.

David M. Drukker, StataCorp