st: RE: decoding a date variable

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: decoding a date variable
Date   Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:06:29 +0100

As is explicit, -decode- makes no sense without value

I can't see why one would need this, but
you can use the -string()- function with an appropriate
format, e.g.

gen sdate = string(mydate, "%dd_M_CY")

or equivalently -tostring- with an appropriate