Re: st: Problems with program

Subject   Re: st: Problems with program
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:24:13 -0500

At 09:47 AM 8/19/2005 +0100, Andrea Molinari wrote:
Many thanks for all your replies!
Nick, you're totally right. The main problem is that I can't put the program
inside the loop because the word -end- stops the loop.
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but can I please ask what did you mean by "pass
`var' to -regse- in an option"? I thought this meant to define the local in
the program, but that didn't work either.
Many thanks again and again!
Andrea
Andrea, you are already passing options to your program. Here are the first few lines:

capture program drop regse
program regse
local dep `1'
local xvar "`2'"
local cons `3'

Now add this line:

local var `4'

Later on, when you call regse, you have this line:

regse uset`var'PRE "$xvarsetPRE" conssePRE

Change that to

regse uset`var'PRE "$xvarsetPRE" conssePRE `var'

I haven't actually tried it, but I think this, or something like this, will work.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]