st: Get the list of variables in their full length

From   TEWODAJ MOGUES <[email protected]>
To   Stata _ <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Get the list of variables in their full length
Date   Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:44:43 -0400

Hi Statalist,
I am trying to obtain a list of all of my variables in their full
length. When I use -describe- the long variables get shortened by a ~
sign. FOr example, the variable name reg_95_96_assu_urba shows up, when
I do -describe-, as reg_95_96_ass~a. Is there any way I can change this
display, or any other command that lists the full variable name that
would allow me to cut and past that list into another format (e.g.
excel)?
thanks,
tewodaj