st: Re: egen mean function

From   n j cox <>
Subject   st: Re: egen mean function
Date   Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:16:48 +0100

Kit is referring to a function in the -egenmore-
package on SSC.

In official Stata, see -tssmooth-.

>>> Kit Baum

egen filter

I am using a rolling cross-sectional survey. So I have
individual-level data. There are many days and many
individuals interviewed each day. I have a variable
for day and another variable for campaign news volume
(CNV). I would like to create a new variable, prior
week campaign news volume (PWCNV) that is the mean CNV
for the prior 7 days. Is it possible to do this with
the egen mean function or with another egen function?