st: Re: egen mean function

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: egen mean function
Date   Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:48:32 -0400

egen filter

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

On Aug 18, 2005, at 2:33 AM, James wrote:

I am using a rolling cross-sectional survey. So I have
individual-level data. There are many days and many
individuals interviewed each day. I have a variable
for day and another variable for campaign news volume
(CNV). I would like to create a new variable, prior
week campaign news volume (PWCNV) that is the mean CNV
for the prior 7 days. Is it possible to do this with
the egen mean function or with another egen function?