st: Problem with -est table- after -xtmixed-

From   "miguel foguel" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem with -est table- after -xtmixed-
Date   Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:05:18 +0100

Dear all,

I am estimating a model using -xtmixed- and ols (for comparison purposes). The problem I have is the following: When I try to display the results for both models using -est table- (in fact -estout-) the results are not matched by the name of the variables. This seem to be caused by the fact that a strange "y" is showing up above the name of the variables in the display of the -xtmixed- model.
As a result the display from ols includes an underscore sign above the variables' names too.
As an example I give the following very simple code so that you can see what's going on.

set obs 100
gen x1 = uniform()
gen eps = invnorm(uniform())
gen y = 1 + x1 + eps

reg y x1
estimates store ols

xtmixed y x1, mle
estimates store xtm

estimates table *

Note that the variables are the same but the display from -est table- is not matched. Could anyone tell me how to sort this problem out? Many thanks in advance.

Miguel

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/