Re: st: rundo and runlines

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: rundo and runlines
Date   Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:49:15 +0100

> I tried Friedrich Huebler's macro "rundo.au3" and "runlines.au3" with
> my favorite UltraEdit today. They are really nice, many thanks to
> Friedrich Huebler!
>
> Is it possible to setup similar settings on Linux, say with Kate or
> Nedit? I know there is no Linux version of AutoIt, but Linux has very
> powerful shell language (not mentioning Perl, Python, etc.). Anyway, I
> just want to raise this question and hopefully somebody with Linux
> programming skills will begin to think about this.

This sort of functionality is already available under GNU/Linux systems using Emacs
and ESS (in fact it works on any platform as Emacs and ESS are platform independent.

See the relevant section of the text editor FAQ at...

http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html#emacs

Note the drawback of trying to use the ESS with graphics though.

HTH's

Neil

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"If your result needs a statistician then you should design a better experiment" -
Ernest Rutherford