Re: st: Weekday data and tsset

From   Sergio Correia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weekday data and tsset
Date   Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:30:25 -0500

I think you have a few options available..

1) Generate a "trend" variable (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8..) , so you can use a
generic time variable.

Then tsset it (tsset id generic_date) and when you want to do some
graphics or something like that, remember to use "date", not
"generic_date" to plot the axis).

2) Do a tsfill, full
Then, replace the missing values on the "price" variables with their
lag. (So the price on Sunday will be the same as the price on Friday.

You should take extra precaution in case there are some days in which
there are missing values in dates other than weekends.

Finally, every time you do a command, you should add " if dow(date)!=0
& dow(date)!=6 " to omit the weekends.

Btw, this are just hacks,  i don't think there is an elegant solution,
and I haven't tested this hacks, but I think they'll work.

Sergio