st: RE: Gamma coefficient in stata

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Gamma coefficient in stata
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:24:09 +0100

Kruskal's gamma as I know it would require
you to bin the predicted probabilities
before you -tabulate-.

Rather more information is shown by
a plot of observed response versus
predicted response. This is always
possible and sensible regardless of
the number of predictors.
A canned way of doing this is -ovfplot-
in the -modeldiag- package.

That the correlation between observed
and predicted is not crazy follows from
arguments in

Zheng, B. and A. Agresti. 2000. Summarizing the predictive power of a
generalized linear model. Statistics in Medicine 19: 1771-1781.

(I believe that Professor Agresti is in your Dept.)

Dinesh Sharma