Re: st: A Word to Future Authors

From   rgutierrez@stata.com (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp)
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: A Word to Future Authors
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:37:17 -0500

Along this thread, Scott Merryman <smerryman@kc.rr.com> writes:

> Most of the statistics books I have on hand do exercises, though not all
> (e.g. "Market Models, A Guide to Financial Data Analysis" and "Modelling
> Extremal Events for Insurance and Finance") but the software/stat books to
> not.  In addition to the Stata books, "SAS System for Mixed Models,"
> "Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language," and "Longitudinal
> Data and SAS" do not have exercises in them.

to which I would simply mention that the new Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal book
on multilevel (mixed) models

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/mlmus.html

is chock-full of exercises and, further, to call these exercises interesting
and challenging would be an understatement.

--Bobby
rgutierrez@stata.com