Re: st:estat ic.

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st:estat ic.
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:49:25 -0500

At 09:40 AM 8/10/2005 -0400, wrote:
I want to get BIC and AIC after my modelling.
I issue "help estat ic" command and get no result.
Is it a stata 9 command? I am still using ver. 8.2
but will upgrade shortly.
Amadou Diallo.
Yes, estat is part of Stata 9. In Stata 8.2, try using -fitstat-, which is part of the Long & Freese -spostado- package (note that there are different versions for Stata 8 and 9). Also, the -stats- option on -lrtest- will produce BIC and AIC statistics when comparing models. Paul Millar and others have also written BIC-related programs, e.g. -bic- and -bicdrop1-; try -findit bic- .

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu