Re: st:estat ic.

Subject   Re: st:estat ic.
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:32:04 -0400

Thanks for answering.
Amadou DIALLO.

                      Richard Williams
                      <Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.        To:
                      edu>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  Re: st:estat ic.
                      08/10/2005 10:49 AM
                      Please respond to

At 09:40 AM 8/10/2005 -0400, wrote:
>I want to get BIC and AIC after my modelling.
>I issue "help estat ic" command and get no result.
>Is it a stata 9 command? I am still using ver. 8.2
>but will upgrade shortly.
>Amadou Diallo.

Yes, estat is part of Stata 9.  In Stata 8.2, try using -fitstat-, which is
part of the Long & Freese -spostado- package (note that there are different
versions for Stata 8 and 9).  Also, the -stats- option on -lrtest- will
produce BIC and AIC statistics when comparing models.  Paul Millar and
others have also written BIC-related programs, e.g. -bic- and -bicdrop1-;
try -findit bic- .

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227