Re: st: Question on stir

Subject   Re: st: Question on stir
Date   Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:24:06 +0100

Thanks Svend,

I wonder if I could ask a more theoretical question: I've calculated the
confidence interval using the Poisson regression method as suggested. The
confidence intervals were consistently smaller than the ones given by
stir. Why?

"Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
Sent by:
08/08/2005 12:01
Please respond to

Re: st: Question on stir

Tim asked:

How can I obtain p-values based on the Incidence Rate Ratio (in stir)
rather than the exact?

I think that -ir- and -stir- is the only analysis in Stata where the
"exact mid-P" value is displayed.

You may use -poisson- to obtain a classical P-value and confidence
  . poisson died smoke , exposure(risktime) irr

Hope this helps

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000  Aarhus C, Denmark