st: Seemingly Unrelated Ordered Probit

From   "Murasko, Jason Elliot" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Seemingly Unrelated Ordered Probit
Date   Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:36:26 -0500

I would like to estimate a seemingly unrelated system of two equations with ordered responses as dependent variables. With continuous variables, the "sureg" command is appropriate. With my ordered variables, is it appropriate to estimate the equations with "oprobit" followed by "suest"? That is, can a seemingly unrelated ordered probit be estimated in Stata?

I have searched the archives and found only passing references to this situation. Any help will be appreciated.

Jason E. Murasko
Assistant Professor, Public & Environmental Affairs
Indiana University South Bend