Re: st: xtlogit dropping all variables

From   SamL <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit dropping all variables
Date   Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

Not knowing your data, I cannot be sure if this is the reason for all the
variables.  But, it is likely the reason for some.  xtlogit is a fixed
effects model and the basic fixed effects models does not allow variables
that are invariant for a unit.  So, variables like sex do not change
across periods.  A person is the same sex every time they are observed.
So, there is no variation on this variable across observations for a
person, so the variable is dropped.

Any such variable, that does not have within-person variation, will be
dropped.

Hope this helps.
Sam