st: Permutations and logistic regression (Stata 8)

From   n p <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Permutations and logistic regression (Stata 8)
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear statalisters,
I have a small dataset with 21 subjects. Seven out of
the 21 subjects experienced a specific event during a
predetermined amount of time whereas the remaining did
not. I would like to investigate the effect of various
continuous variables which have been measured at the
beginning of the experiment on the probability of the
event while adjusting for gender and weight. I would
normally go with a logistic regression e.g.

xi:logit event continuous_var weight i.gender

but I am thinking that the sample size is too small.
Is it correct to use permutations to deal with the
small sample size and if yes is the following syntax
correct?

permute event "xi:logit event continuous_var weight
i.gender" _b ,reps(5000)

Thanks in advance

Nikos Pantazis

Yahoo! Sports