Re: st: dealing with directories in.ado files

From   "NEYMOTIN, FLORENCE" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dealing with directories in.ado files
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:09:18 -0700

okay, the preserve-restore thing helps for the cases where I'm building matrices with a subset of
the data. I'm "assuming" that the matrices and scalars you make when working with a different
dataset are preserved for when you do the restore command.  If I WERE to want to keep part of the
dataset around though (say I wanted to take a subset of the data and then re-merge it with the
ORIGINAL DATASET, then where would I keep the data from the original one before doing the restore?
i.e. if you do something for people to use in different directories, then what path should be
specified for this kind of thing?  thanks for your help.
Florence