RE: st: RE: Using results from correlation matrices to pinpoint variables

From   Alejandro Delafuente <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Using results from correlation matrices to pinpoint variables
Date   Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:37:46 +0100 (BST)

okey, in that case the solution was: using the command dropmiss with the
option any, so that all variables with missings would be dropped out. As for
the if distinction between qualifier and command, that was already clear to
me, or at least that is what I thought.
Alex
In message <031173627889364697C50B3B266CBB8A101BC6@GEOGMAIL.geog.ad.dur.ac.uk>
[email protected] writes:
> A thread is best closed by saying what the
> solution was, not that you found a solution....
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Alejandro Delafuente
>
> > many thanks Nick. I sorted out the problem.
> >
> > In message
> > <031173627889364697C50B3B266CBB8A101BAF@GEOGMAIL.geog.ad.dur.ac.uk>
> > [email protected] writes:
> > > My guess is that what you are getting what you
> > > ask for, but that it is not what you want.
> > >
> > > The difference between
> > >
> > > 	if <condition> <command>
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > 	<command> if <condition>
> > >
> > > is profound. For one documentation, see
> > > http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/lang/ifqualifier.html
> > >
> > > I am not clear what you want precisely. If you
> > > want to drop a variable if and only if all observations
> > > are missing, then
> > >
> > > . search dropmiss
> > >
> > > for a convenience command.
> > >
> > > Nick
> > > [email protected]
> > >
> > > Alejandro Delafuente

Alejandro de la Fuente
QEH/Department of International Development
Oxford University