Re: st: Inequality indices (ineqerr), hypothesis test

From   Gijs Dekkers <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Inequality indices (ineqerr), hypothesis test
Date   Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:18:29 +0200

Hi Kerry,

Martin Bieuwen discusses a 'difference in means test for unbalanced panel data' and applies it to all generalized entropy indices.

See Biewen, Martin, 2001, Bootstraph Inference for Inequality, Mobility and Poverty Measurement, mimeo University of Heidelberg.

This paper can be found on the internet. It most likely was published as welll, but I do not know where and when.

Gijs

--
dr. Gijs Dekkers
Federal Planning Bureau

Kerry A. Chase wrote:

Hello, I'm using ineqerr to calculate inequality indices (e.g.
Theil) with bootstrap standard errors and confidence intervals, and I
want to determine if changes from one year to another are
significantly different from 0. How would I perform such a test? Or
is there a way I can bootstrap the difference of two Theil measures? Thank you!

Kerry Chase

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Disclaimer: This e-mail may contain confidential information
which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from
your system.
Please note that e-mail messages cannot be considered as official
information from the Federal Planning Bureau.