st: Comparing "almost similar" variables across regression equations

From   "Christer Thrane" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Comparing "almost similar" variables across regression equations
Date   Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:53:51 +0200

I have three regression models with the same dependent variable, i.e.

Y = a + b1x + control variables
Y = a + b2y + control variables
Y = a + b3z + control variables

where Y is the demand for a product type (i.e. money spent), x, y, and z are product quality ratings from three different raters (on a scale from 1 to 5) and the controls are a number of objectice product attributes.

I want to examine if the effects of x, y, and z are statistically different from each other. Since the ratings are highly correlated, I cannot include them in the same regression and use the test command.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Any help is appriciated!

Christer Thrane
Lillehammer University College