Re: st: fixed width of columns in results

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: fixed width of columns in results
Date   Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:27:41 +0100

> I have a practical question about the fixed width of columns in the
> Stata results section.
>
> If I tabulate my variable 'idnumber', the results are displayed like
> this: 1.10e+08. The full idnumbers consists of 9 characters, for
> example 110200804. I would like to see this entire idnumber. Does
> anyone know how I can change the fixed width of the column?
>
> Thanks in advance,

The following should work...

. format idnumber %9.0f
. list idnumber

The 9 indicates the number of columns, the 0 (zero) the number of decimal places, and
the f indicates that it is to be a fixed format.

For more info see -man format- and chapter 15 in the User Manual ([U] 15.5 in
particular).

HTH's

Neil

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"If your result needs a statistician then you should design a better experiment" -
Ernest Rutherford