Re: st: 3 very basic questions

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: 3 very basic questions
Date   Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:40:20 -0500

At 01:12 PM 6/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
I'm a recent convert from SPSS (hence "statsdummy"). I'm having
trouble making the adjustment. Here are three things I'd like to do,
but am having difficulty doing (even after scouring the documentation
& on-line discussions)
Also, even though it is in the middle of my "highlights" page, you may want to start with the Regression handout - it is actually one of the first Stata handouts I ever did and includes some Stata basics:

Also, there is a corresponding SPSS handout with nearly parallel organization, which may make it easier as you transition from one program to the other:

Finally, let me encourage you to buy and read "Statistic with Stata, updated for version 8" by Lawrence Hamilton, which I found to be an excellent intro to Stata.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu