Re: st: Suggestion Stata GUI - another suggestiong

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Suggestion Stata GUI - another suggestiong
Date   Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:26:37 -0400

While we are on the topic of the new GUI, I have a request/query if I'm missing some easy solution.

Under Windows XP, I have both graph windows and viewer windows set to float, so they remain on top of the rest of Stata. This is handy most of the time, as, e.g., when I open up the help file for some obscure bit of -graph- syntax, and don't want it to disappear when I start typing in the command window, or when I am iteratively crafting a graph and don't want it to disappear when I start typing the next graph command.

However, sometimes I want to be able to see the underlying Stata results (et al.) windows, without having to close permanently the graph or viewer window(s) that obscure it. With the graph windows, this is easy, because they include the little control it the top-right corner that allows the window to be minimized (the one that looks like a little "-").

But the viewer window has no such "minimize" function.

Am I missing something?

Best,
Nick

At 05:54 AM 6/14/2005, you wrote:

Lars Kroll wrote:
> this is a post on wishes about stata:
>
> I like the new Windows GUI in Stata 9. Especially the recent file list
> button. I would suggest StataCorp to add a recent DO-File list button as
> an convenience option.

Note that there is a recent file list in the File menue of the do-file editor.
(At least in Stata for Linux)

cu
Uli

+49 (030) 25491-361

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
Nicholas Winter 607.255.8819 t
Assistant Professor 607.255.4530 f
Department of Government [email protected] e
308 White Hall falcon.arts.cornell.edu/nw53 w
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-4601
*