st: RE: RE: percent format

From   "Frank de Libero" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: percent format
Date   Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:41:58 -0700

Seconding what Nick just wrote, using -graph hbar- I place a percent
sign only on the first bar. It's much cleaner and better style (e.g.,
CBE Style Manual).

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:36 AM
Subject: st: RE: percent format

I have suggested this as a possibility privately
to StataCorp, although I have two moods about it.

In either a graph or a table, I find repeated
percent symbols to be a constant element that
should be factored out, as it were, and used
just once, for example in a row or column heading or
in an axis title.