st: Re: Integrating Stata 9 and external text editors

From   Friedrich Huebler <>
Subject   st: Re: Integrating Stata 9 and external text editors
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

Several users of the scripts have reported problems that are due to
the way AutoIt or Windows handle the clipboard. I have therefore
removed code that attempted to preserve the contents of the clipboard
and the Stata Command window. Version 2.1 of the scripts can be
downloaded here:

Thank you for your comments.

Friedrich Huebler

--- Friedrich Huebler <> wrote:
> Dear Stata Users,
> I have released new AutoIt scripts that make it possible to use an
> external text editor in much the same way as the Do-file Editor of
> Stata. Individual commands and entire do-files can be executed
> directly from the editor. The main changes are:
> - Support for Stata 9 added.
> - Scripts work with multiple instances of Stata.
> - Scripts no longer rely on the built-in editor of Stata.
> Nick Winter made the scripts compatible with Stata 9 and found a
> solution that does not require the Do-file Editor when individual
> commands are executed. With these changes the scripts are greatly
> improved. For now, the new scripts can be found at two sites:
> Please test the scripts and let me know of any problems. If the
> scripts work well I will submit them to the FAQ on text editors for
> Stata users where you can still find the old scripts
> (
> Regards,
> Friedrich Huebler

Discover Yahoo!