Re: st: need to estimate constraints using "eclass"

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: need to estimate constraints using "eclass"
Date   Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:28:09 -0500

At 06:49 PM 6/7/2005 -0700, Elizabeth Bruch wrote:
However, I need to constrain the value of one of my coefficients to be
fixed (at, say, -6). The "eclass" will not allow for constrained
estimation. Is there any way of getting around this? Can I access the
system variables (e.g., e(V)) without defining my program as an eclass?
-clogit- does allow for the use of the -constraints- option; is there some reason you can't use that?

You could also manipulate the values in your copies of e(b) and e(V), and then use ereturn repost.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu