st: Diagnostic Plot for distribution of variable z

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Diagnostic Plot for distribution of variable z
Date   Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:41:29 -0400

Hi,
I am trying to find a way to examine the distribution of  variable z to see if
it is negatively or positively skewed. I would like to know what would be the
command for that. My main objective is to identify outliers in the data set.

I already tried the command: symplot z (under diagnostic plots). But I am not
sure if this is the correct one or not. In this plot, the x axis is labelled
distance below median while the y axis is labeled distance above median.

Could someone please help me with that ?

I would very much appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance,

Dahlia Anwar El- Hawary
Consultant
Financial Sector Operations and Policy Department
World Bank
Tel: 202 473 5238