Re: st: Stata 9 and prchange

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 9 and prchange
Date   Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:12:29 -0500

At 08:18 PM 6/5/2005 -0400, Eric Uslaner wrote:
Stata 9 is giving some weird behavior with an add-on.

First, after an ordered probit (simple oprobit model), I tried to use
Scott Long's prchange.  Here's what I got:

[_cut1] not found
1. I can replicate the problem.

2. As Jeph Herrin suggests, doing something like

version 8: oprobit y x1 x2

will get around the problem.

3. As to why it occurs - I think it is because the e(b) matrix is formatted differently in version 8 and version 9. In version 8, there are no equation names, but in version 9 there are (just do -mat list e(b)- under both version 8 and version 9 and you will see what I mean).

In general - if a user-written post-estimation command doesn't work right in Stata 9, you may need to do something like version 8: when running the estimation command.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu