Stata The Stata listserver
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

Re: st: Stata 9 and prchange


From   Richard Williams <Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 9 and prchange
Date   Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:12:29 -0500

At 08:18 PM 6/5/2005 -0400, Eric Uslaner wrote:
Stata 9 is giving some weird behavior with an add-on.

First, after an ordered probit (simple oprobit model), I tried to use
Scott Long's prchange.  Here's what I got:

prchange
[_cut1] not found
r(111);
1. I can replicate the problem.

2. As Jeph Herrin suggests, doing something like

version 8: oprobit y x1 x2

will get around the problem.

3. As to why it occurs - I think it is because the e(b) matrix is formatted differently in version 8 and version 9. In version 8, there are no equation names, but in version 9 there are (just do -mat list e(b)- under both version 8 and version 9 and you will see what I mean).

In general - if a user-written post-estimation command doesn't work right in Stata 9, you may need to do something like version 8: when running the estimation command.


-------------------------------------------
Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW (personal): http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam
WWW (department): http://www.nd.edu/~soc

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
* http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/




© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index