Re: st: Comment indicator * produces error in Mata

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comment indicator * produces error in Mata
Date   Tue, 24 May 2005 10:19:01 -0500

Ben Jann <[email protected]> reports:

> it appears that the * comment indicator, which may be used at
> the beginning of a line to indicate that the line is to be
> ignored (see -help comments-), cannot be used with Mata.
>
> <cut>
>
> Even more bad news is that the problem is not mentionned in the
> documentation (at least not in places where one would look for it
> such as -help comment-, [M-1] first, [M-1] ado, [U] 16.1.2, or
> [U] 18.11.2). I hope that this will change in a future update.

In the next ado update comments.hlp will have a sentence added
mentioning that "*" may not be used as a comment indicator within
mata.  Eventually the manuals will also be altered to contain the
information.

Thank you for pointing out the lack of documentation concerning
this.

Ken Higbee    [email protected]
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC