st: variable window - Stata 9

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   st: variable window - Stata 9
Date   Mon, 23 May 2005 12:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist,

In previous versions of Stata, whenever I was typing
on the command line and needed a variable, I would
simply click on the variable name in the variable
window and continue typing in the command line. In
Stata 9, when I do this the mouse remains in the
variable window, requiring a click on the command line
before continuing. This is annoying. I have to click
two times, once on the variable name and once on the
command line, just to enter a variable.

Is there anyway around this?

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK