st: Using statsby and pcorr to ouput a table of partial correlations

From   Luck Double <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using statsby and pcorr to ouput a table of partial correlations
Date   Fri, 20 May 2005 23:32:03 -0500

Hello, everyone,

I am using the following command in Stata 8:

statsby "pcorr  x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6" r(rho_12) , by(year)

to generate a table of partial correlations between x1 and x2 by year.
However, the results I get is simply "." (dots) for _stat1. Why is
_stat1 missing? What should I place in the statsby command to produce
the partial correlation vector? Is statsby compatible with pcorr? I've
tried correlation and statsby and they two work well.

By the way, how to find out the form of all statistics produced by a
given command such as correlate and regress? For example, how do I
know that I can get e(r2) as R-squared from regress command? I can not
find such information in the Help files.

I am a new hand to Stata so I hope experienced users can give me any
clues to the above questions. Thank you very much in advance!

Best,

Jack