st: help on filefilter

To   <>
Subject   st: help on filefilter
Date   Mon, 16 May 2005 10:28:25 -0400

    I have text files that contain characters which I don't want to keep
and want those to be replaced by blank spaces. For example, when I do
filefilter "originalfile.txt" "formatted.txt", from(\Q) to(" ") replace,
it replaces double quotes by blank spaces and that's what I need.

Now, if I would only like to keep characters between A to Z and 0 to 9
and replace all other characters by blank spaces, how can I do this?

Thank you.

Pinaki Mitra