st: F-test on fixed effects after areg

From   France Priez <>
Subject   st: F-test on fixed effects after areg
Date   Tue, 10 May 2005 20:48:45 -0400

Dear Stata users,

I need to conduct an F-test to test whether the fixed effects are
jointly significant after the areg command (I use areg rather than
xtreg because I use weights and adjust the standard errors using the
robust option).

I cannot figure out how to conduct that F-test because I do not know
how to access the fixed effects estimates, Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much,

France Priez
PhD candidate