Re: st: Stata 9: first impressions?

From   Massimo Bovenzi <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 9: first impressions?
Date   Thu, 05 May 2005 12:05:01 +0200

Just requested help to Stata for several troubles I had with Stata 9 immediately after installation:
- no whatsnew (i.e. Stata 9 says there is no help for whatsnew);
- no help for programs installed in ado base or ado updates;
- error when I type "ssc whatsnew" (i.e. command error for ssc);
- several programs do not run (e.g. regression, logit, logistic, etc.);
- driven menu not accessible.

In summary, a despair mainly because I have uninstalled Stata 8 SE that was fantastic.

Best wishes,

Professor Massimo Bovenzi