st: One other strange window behavior

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: One other strange window behavior
Date   Wed, 04 May 2005 08:57:19 -0500

I hope I am understanding this correctly, but this seems to be a continual problem that I didn't have with 8.2.

I enter a command in Stata 9. It runs. I want to change to my text editor. Alt-tab leaves me in Stata, but alt-tab-tab switches to the editor. When I am in the editor, alt-tab switches back to stata. If I switch from the editor to Stata then I only need 1 alt-tab to go back to the editor. But as long as I put the mouse in the command window or type a command I will need alt-tab-tab. So I see the problem as being that in ANY other program (Windows XE) all-tab switch programs, but in stata if you are in the command window (or the results after a command) you need alt-tab-tab. AS a matter of consistency, when switching quickly, this is a real nuisance.

Can any one else verify this behavior?

Fred

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel (316) 263-2125 Fax (316) 263-0761

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/