Re: st: -trim()-ed but cannot -destring()-:- hidden text characters?

From   Daniel Egan <>
Subject   Re: st: -trim()-ed but cannot -destring()-:- hidden text characters?
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:41:12 -0400

Thanks to Ronan, Roger, and Dan Blanchette (offlist) for assistance
with this. In the end a text editor was used to erase the hidden
characters, and Dan Blanchette wrote a nifty little program (specific
to my dataset?) which evicted the unwanted characters.

As  a final note for clarity's sake, I did in fact -list-, -browse-,
and even -charlist- the string variables. -charlist- did not return
any non-numeric elements, thus -destring, ignore()- was impotent.  As
far as I know therefore, the only means to detect these characters is
with a text editor.

If I am incorrect, please let me know.