Re: st: Testing equality of means with correlated samples?

From   Robert Duval <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Testing equality of means with correlated samples?
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:08:04 -0400

Hi Berk,

Once I faced a similar problem in which I wanted to compare the mean
of a variable y for two (unpaired) groups, say A and B, without
imposing the iid assumption.

My solution was to run a regression of y on dummies for A and B
(noconstant) and allow the "robust cluster" options to take care of
the non-iid errors.

Since you don't exactly say what your variables A and B are, and
whether you have individual data (vs. only means and sd's), it is hard
to know if my suggestion would help...

cheers,
robert