RE: st: Testing equality of means with correlated samples?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Testing equality of means with correlated samples?
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:27:50 +0100

This problem is discussed, among other places,
in Rupert Miller's book "Beyond ANOVA". As
you say, the issue is getting a more accurate P-value.
I think you can do that if you also have a serial
correlation, i.e. the dependence arises because
these values are from a time series. I am not aware
that the procedure is canned as a Stata program, but
it should yield to calculator-style manipulations.

Berk Sensoy